Wednesday, May 19, 2010

principesa











I've decided against doing any really enxtensive amounts of writing on this trip. Personally, I just don't feel that inclined. This trip has been more of a visual stimulation than anything else. My trip to East Europe last summer was knee-deep in historical events dating back to the Middle Ages. This trip through Italy does have history, but it is certainly a different kind of history. Sure there are famous battles, fantastic churches and cultural gems to be found, yet I'd rather place my own satisfaction in the actual act of just being here. I can go home and brush up on my Italian 16th Century Baroque Church Architecture all I want - I just don't want to do it now. When there are moments when audio commentary is available wherever we are, I'll sometimes just put some music on and listen to that instead. Has nothing to do with boredom or disrespect, just the experience itself.

Bike and I have almost finished a full segment of TS as well, which is proving pretty hilarious.

Postcards are being written tomorrow and hopefully sent by the end of the day. We're going to Cinqueterre (sp?) tomorrow, which is apparently quite memorable.

My birthday was a lot of fun. We had a giant hotel room and my bro let me freestyle to James Brown instrumentals all I wanted. I might release that footage someday. Lemons are freakishly sized here as well. The picture above shows one. They're literally bigger than grapefruits.

I do believe I'll be home on the 1st of June?

3 comments:

  1. Hi Andy! Happy belated birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're a sweet heart sabina :) I hope you're well

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm pretty sure I'll need some of these photos blown up, framed and put onto my wall. Just beautiful. Looks like you're having an absolutely amazing time. And its not disrespectful to listen to music while traveling...I did that in Mexico, makes it that much more enjoyable of an experience.

    Cant wait to see pictures, and get my postcard!

    Love,
    Katers

    ReplyDelete